SINGER ASSET FINANCE COMPANY’S PRIVACY NOTICE
Singer Asset Finance Company, L.L.C. (“Singer”) values the relationship it has with you and respects your right to privacy. We have established the following polices to assure that we are committed to protecting your privacy.
How We Safeguard Customer’s Privacy
We know that the privacy of your personal information is important to you. That’s why Singer wants you to know how we protect your privacy and the measures we take to safeguard your information.
Our Privacy Pledge
In order to service our customers in a prompt, efficient and professional manner, we depend on certain information. In gathering and maintaining this information, we pledge to…
- Collect the information needed to service the transaction you have requested
- Prevent unauthorized access to your information
- Refuse to disclose health information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent
- Maintain control over the confidentiality of your personal information
- Update you and our privacy parties at least once a year
How Do We Protect the Confidentiality and Security of Your Information?
Our Information Practices
The following policies and procedures protect the privacy of your information, whether you are a current or former customer:
Categories of information We May Collect
In the normal course of business we may collect the following types of non-public information about you from the following resources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, questionnaires, agreements and other forms (including name, address, income, social security number, information about certain of your assets and other household information)
- Data about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (such as the specifics about your deferred assets, how much, how and when you are paid)
- Information available from external sources (such as publicly available records)
- Information, collected with your authorization, from consumer reporting agencies, criminal background reports and other sources (such as credit relationships, credit worthiness and history, the existence or absence of a criminal record or medical and employment information)
- Health information collected with your authorization.
Safeguarding Customer information
Access to customer information is limited to personnel who need the information to perform their job responsibilities. Physical, electronic and procedural safeguards are in place to protect your personal information.
How We Use Customer Information
We may share or disclose your non-public personal information (as described above) with non-affiliated companies as described below.
- We may disclose your information with non-affiliated companies, as allowed by law, as necessary to effect, process, administer, service or enforce a transaction you have requested.
- We may share your information with non-affiliated companies as allowed by law, such as firms that perform services on our behalf including product administration and marketing. We require these companies to meet strict privacy standards.
- We may disclose information to non-affiliated entities when required by law, such as to respond to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, or to comply with an inquiry by a government agency.
- We may share your information with non-affiliated funders or lenders who are assisting us in processing, funding and completing the transaction you have requested.
- Health Information Practices – We will not share your health information with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
Is Your Medical Information Confidential?
While we sometimes must collect medical information in connection with a transaction you have requested, we do not use or share it internally or externally, for any purpose except the following:
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As otherwise authorized by you.
We value our customers and want you to understand how we use this information we collect. Please contact us if you have any questions about our policy.